A Google Maps Roundup
About a month’s worth of links related to Google Maps from my increasingly preposterous queue. Because the news wasn’t all about Street View.
- The imagery update announced in early June for Google Earth was applied to Google Maps only a week later.
- More cities have transit data.
- Expanded coverage of India and Maps for the United Arab Emirates have now been added to Google Maps. A few weeks ago, Sweden got a localized version with transit and business data.
- Businesses can edit their local search listings; people can add reviews to them.
- Google continues to integrate maps into its other products: YouTube videos can now be geotagged.
- More on Mapplets (see previous entry); they’re also browsable.
(I’ve also been accumulating some Yahoo Maps content, for a later post.)
blog comments powered by Disqus