Triangulations: March 13
- The Batch Geocoding Blog has a comparison of the Google, MapQuest and Yahoo! mapping APIs; it’s a quick outline of what the author sees as the pros and cons of each. Via Very Spatial.
- Alex Stengel says MapMemo 2.5 is now out; see previous entries about MapMemo’s previous releases here and here.
- Friday’s edition of Le Monde had an article on Google Earth —featuring quotes from our friend Thierry Rousselin — and another on satellite imaging more generally. Via Ogle Earth.
- The Harvard Crimson profiles literature prof Tom Conley, who’s interested in maps and cartography, but, being in the humanities, explains what he’s doing extremely abstrusely.
- The Detroit News’s “Trash or Treasure” feature — basically a print version of The Antiques Roadshow — has a look at a local man’s map of Europe that turns out to date from the early 1700s.